Strawberry Dessert Picks!
Image Source: Bigstock Photo
1 (9 inch) Pie Crust
1 quart of Strawberries
1 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
3/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Arrange half of strawberries in baked pastry shell. Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over berries in pastry shell. Chill for several hours before serving. In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
Image Source: Bigstock Photo/Arena Creative
2/3 Cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Milk
1-1/2 Cup Quarts fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with milk to the creamed mixture. Spread in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into nine servings. Split each serving horizontally and fill with whipped cream and strawberries. Replace top of cake; garnish with more berries and a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Image Source: Bigstock Photo/Iamway
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1. HEAT oven to 325°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
2. BEAT together cake mix and preserves (do not add water) at low speed of electric mixer 1 minute or until evenly moistened. Continue to beat an additional 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
3. BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are just lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely. Cookies will be soft and chewy.